Your Weekend Plans
Between last weekend’s Taking Action for Animals and this weekend’s Animal Rights National Conference, you may not have time for much else. Here are some tips for your precious down time:
- CAMPAIGN: Did you love Subway’s vegan subs? Want to see them back? Three minutes on this website can make a world of difference. (It’s the perfect way to wish Compassion Over Killing‘s Erica Meier a belated happy birthday!)
- READ: The Lucky Ones by Jenny Brown details Jenny’s life as a 10-year-old struggling with bone cancer to animal rights activist and founder of Woodstock animal sanctuary. An autographed copy of the book, which has been described as “beautiful and a blessing” by John Robbins, can be ordered here.
- SHOP: The folks at Vegan Cuts are offering a great deal on the Vegg, the world’s first vegan egg yolk. The best part? The Vegg donates 10% of their sales to our pals at C.O.K.
- RESERVE: Get your seat for the next Summer Supper Club at Sticky Fingers. August 8th’s dinner will feature fresh herb focaccio and pasta primavera with herb-encrusted Gardein chik’n. And, thanks to a special event license, you can enjoy your dinner with a hearty glass of vegan wine. More Summer Suppers will be held throughout the month and you don’t want to miss them! (And, if you have the room — you won’t — remember that S.F. is now featuring yummy vegan milkshakes.)
- DREAM: The forecast is calling for awful weekend weather (perfect for spending inside at A.R.), but nothing’s stopping you from dreaming about grilling weather. Peruse John Schlimm’s Grilling Vegan Style, which has received awesome reviews from VegNews and The Washington Post.